- Over Half of Agency Compensation Deals Involve Pay-for-Performance
- Why the Big, Bad Broadcast Upfronts Still Matter
- Egg McMuffin for Dinner? Restaurant Marketers Wake Up to $50B Breakfast Opportunity
- Where Will the TV Buyers Spend Their $9.2 Billion?
- Upfront Week Map: Find All This Week's Biggest Events
Advertising Age Article Abstract
Brand Strategy: Not Just For Marketers
John Palumbo's BigHeads Delivers Ideas From Panels of Outsiders to Likes of P&G
What can a reality-TV producer, dancers from the Crazy Horse Strip Club in Las Vegas, a classic-car restorer and the real-life date doctor behind the movie "Hitch" contribute to the marketing strategies behind toilet paper, razors, hotels and internet phone service? Apparently, quite a lot. At least these marketing novices, all accomplished in their fields, have plenty of ideas about marketing. And that's the idea behind BigHeads Network, a year-old virtual agency/consulting firm launched by promotion-marketing veteran John Palumbo that already has done work for such brands as Procter & Gamble Co.'s Charmin, Braun and Gillette; Wyndam Hotels' Ramada; Sony Electronics; and Vonage voice-over-internet phone service. ...