As a new feature on AdAgeStat, we will look at an interesting brand and pick apart some of its vital statistics. Today we examine Threadless, a Chicago-based social media experiment/tech company masquerading as a T-shirt company (or is it the other way around?). The company just recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. The success of the business is largely credited to its thriving online community, which submits designs for T-shirts and then votes on which ones get printed and sold. Here are some eye-popping numbers from their marketing efforts:
- Year-to-date revenue from email marketing has grown 120%
- Threadless sends email promos twice a week to its 1 million subscribers
- Subscribers are up 30-40% this year
- Open rates are typically 20%
- The company gets two to three times as many conversions from email as it does from social-media channels
- On 9/9/09 the company had its first sale and recorded sales equivalent to 5% of the company's 2008 revenue -- in one day
- To date the company has printed 2,000 different T-shirt designs drawn from 250,000 submissions
Have an idea for a future #brandstats? Drop a note to email@example.com
Follow AdAgeStat on Twitter for constant updates.
Show off rich, innovative advertising. B-to-b marketers are wrestling with their own unique challenges--and proving that they’ve got what it takes to close the deal. Join an impressive group of past winners that includes Adobe, Avon, Cisco, Oakley, Time Warner Cable Media and more.
Extended Deadline: October 19, 2015. Enter now.