October * E-RETAILING '98, THE ONLINE RETAILING SUMMIT October 4-6. The New Roosevelt Hotel, New York City. Call (800) 252-2530; fax (203) 656-3800; or visit www.eretailing98.com.
"Creating Successful Marketing Strategies & Tactics," sponsored by RT Magazine, The Technology Magazine for Retail Executives.
* ANNUAL PROMO EXPO October 6-9 Navy Pier, Chicago. Call (800) 927-5007 or (203) 358-3751.
"What Works and Why: Promotions that Hit the Target" covers global branding, promotions in retail, launches and repositionings. Sponsored by Promo magazine.
* PMA FALL IMAGING CONFERENCE AND MINI TRADE SHOW
* APCI FALL MEETING * DIMA FALL CONFERENCE * APCDI FALL MEETING October 8-12 Orlando Peabody Hotel, Orlando. Call (800) 248-8804 or fax (517) 788-8371.
Five days of conferences and trade shows devoted to the imaging industry: October 8-10, the Photo Marketing Association; October 11-12, meetings of the Digital Imaging Marketing Association, the Association of Professional Color Imagers, and the Association of Photo CD Imagers.
* THE DMA 81ST ANNUAL CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION October 10-14 George R. Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco. Call (212) 790-1500; fax (212) 302-7643; or visit www.the-dma.org.
The latest trends, techniques, and technologies for direct marketers.
* WEB MARKETING '98: WASHINGTON, D.C. October 13-14 Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, Virginia. Call Thunder Lizard Productions at (800) 221-3806; fax (206) 285-0308; or visit www.thunderlizard.com.
Web sites, marketing via e-mail and newsgroups, advertising, and many more facets of marketing on the Web.
* NATIONAL BOSS DAY October 16
* FIRST GAME OF THE WORLD SERIES October 17
* STRENGTHEN MULTICULTURAL MARKETING THROUGH ANALYSIS October 19-20 Chicago Hilton & Tower. Call (888) 670-8200; fax (941) 365-2507; or visit www.iir-ny.com.
How to reach Hispanic, African American, and Asian American markets. Sponsored by the Institute for International Research.
* THE 1998 MARKETING CONFERENCE: THE POWER OF MARKETING INNOVATION October 20-21 The Waldorf-Astoria, New York City. Call (212) 759-0900; fax (212) 980-7014; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Focus on leveraging brand strategy and interactive marketing. Sponsored by The Conference Board.
* KID POWER ONLINE October 26-29 Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona. Call (800) 882-8684; fax (973) 256-0205; or e-mail email@example.com.
Second annual conference examines marketing to children online. Workshops include "Kids Shopping Online" and "Strategic Partnerships." Sponsored by the International Quality and Productivity Center.
* TRAVEL INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA'S MARKETING OUTLOOK FORUM, COUNTDOWN 2000 October 26-29 John Ascuaga's Nugget Hotel, Reno, Nevada. Call (202) 408-8422; fax (202) 408-1255; or visit www.tia.org.
Nineteen sessions, more than 30 experts, four international market outlooks.
* ADVERTISING RESEARCH FOUNDATION WORKSHOPS October 26-29 New York City. Call (212) 751-5656 or visit www.arfsite.org.
A series of marketing and media research workshops. Media workshops will include "The Last Word in Print"; "Interactive Media Research Summit"; "Television Research in Analog, Digital and High Definition"; and "Accountability in Media." Marketing research workshops will include "Category Management & Research at the Retail Front Line"; "Measuring Brand Equity and Return on Marketing Investment"; and "Integrated Marketing Communications."
* TELECON XVIII October 26-29 Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California. Call (800) 829-3400 or visit www.abctelecon.com.
The 18th Annual Teleconferencing Users Conference, a trade show devoted to interactive multimedia communications. Provides information on the newest developments in video, audio, and data-conferencing technologies.
* 60TH ANNIVERSARY OF ORSON WELLES' RADIO BROADCAST, "WAR OF THE WORLDS" October 30
* CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: THE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE November 2-4 Chicago Marriott O'Hare. Call (773) 702-1724 or fax (773) 702-6814.
A seminar in the University of Chicago's Marketing Management series: generating and maintaining customer loyalty, and building strategy to incorporate customer loyalty.
* THE FOLIO: SHOW November 2-4 The New York Hilton & Towers, New York City. Contact Registration Information (203) 358-9900; fax (203) 961-8399; or visit www.cowlesevents.com.
"The meeting of magazine minds," for magazine industry professionals. Sponsored by Folio: magazine.
* ANALYSIS OF MESSY DATA: DESIGNED EXPERIMENTS AND UNBALANCED DATA STRUCTURES November 4-6 Phoenix, Arizona. Sponsored by The Institute for Professional Education. Call (703) 527-8700; fax (703) 527-8703; or visit www.theIPE.com.
A course in selecting proper techniques and providing correct interpretations of results obtained from computing packages. For all researchers and statistical consultants who analyze data from designed experiments, sample surveys, or clinical trials.
* CARD MARKETING CONFERENCE '98 November 9-11 Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas. Call (800) 535-8403 or e-mail order@ faulknergray.com.
A series of workshops on how to locate, activate, and retain credit and debit card accounts. Topics include ethnic marketing, brand perception, cross-selling, and targeting to teenagers.