* 1998 BUSINESS DIRECT MARKETING CONFERENCE November 2-4, Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Chicago. Call (888) 784-7659 or visit www.bdmc.com.
Offering 95 seminar sessions on current strategies, tactics, and issues in business direct marketing. Topics include "How to Integrate Direct Marketing With Space Advertising"; "Leveraging Customer Information to Create a Marketing Resource"; "Generating Leads with Trade Advertising"; and "Strategic Alliances on the Internet."
* ELECTION DAY November 3
* MRA 1998 FALL EDUCATION CONFERENCE November 4-6, Wyndham Emerald Plaza, San Diego. Call Debbie Midford at (860) 257-4008; fax (860) 257-3990; or visit www.mra-net.org.
Will offer 24 workshops for market researchers, including "How and Why to Research Word of Mouth"; "Client/ Supplier Collaboration"; and "The Measurement of Acculturation." Sponsored by the Marketing Research Association.
* 1998 RETAIL STORE DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE November 8-11. Plaza San Antonio Hotel, San Antonio, Texas. Call (202) 452-8444; fax (202) 429-4519; or visit www.fmi.org.
The focus is on how today's shrinking market will affect the future of retail development. Topics include demographics, financing, strategic planning, real estate, store locations, and new formats and operations. Sponsored by the Food Marketing Institute.
* 4TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON GSM IN NORTH AMERICA November 9-10. The Hynes Convention Center, Boston. Call +44 (0) 171-453 5493; fax +44 (0) 171-636 1976; e-mail email@example.com; or visit www.ibc-uk.com/gsmna.
A series of sessions covering topics on the global system for mobile communications. Sessions cover "Predicting the Future for Software Radio"; "Review of World Cellular SubscriberPerformance"; and "Strategies for Next-Generation Telecommunications Businesses." Sponsored by the GSM World Congress.
* DMA'S WINNING DIRECT MAIL SEMINAR November 10-11. The Hyatt Regency, Chicago. Call (212) 790-1500 or fax (212) 302-7643.
How to create successful direct mail campaigns. Sponsored by the Direct Marketing Association's Professional Development and Training Department.
TOP SECRET PRIVATE LABEL TRADE SHOW November 15-17. Rosemont Convention Center, Chicago. Call (212) 972-3131 or fax (212) 983-1382.
More than 1,700 exhibit booths featuring the latest trends in food, beverages, over-the-counter, kitchen, and household products. Sponsored by the Private Label Manufacturers Association.
MARKETING IN ASIA: MEETING THE NEW CHALLENGES November 15-17. Shangri-La Hotel, Manila, The Philippines. Call 31-20-664-2141 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panel topics include "Understanding Youth in Asia"; "Adapting Western Models to the Asian Scenario"; and "Market Research in Asia as a Tool for Developing and Enhancing Strategic Customer Partnerships." Sponsored by the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research.
FORUM98: HIDDEN TREASURES @ HOME November 18-20. Sheraton Bal Harbour, Bal Harbour, Florida. Call (972) 490-1113 or visit www.parkassociates.com.
A conference focusing on the latest developments in the residential systems industry. With speakers from industry leaders such as IBM, Intel, and Hewlett Packard, topics will include the impact of HDTV, high-speed Internet access, residential security, and community Intranet. Sponsored by Parks Associates.
THANKSGIVING DAY November 26
BLACK FRIDAY November 27
CNET BUILDER.COM LIVE! December 7-9. New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans. Call (800) 563-6534 or (408) 918-4200; e-mail email@example.com; or visit http://builder.cnet.com/web.builder/ no98/Lowres/index.html.
A technical conference for experienced professionals involved in designing, developing, and maintaining web sites. Sessions topics include "Searching Out the Right Search Tool"; "Designing the Interface to Database"; and "Balancing User Needs and Artisitic Demands." Sponsored by CNET Builder.com.