December * MARKETING MIX MODELING FOR PROFITABLE SALES December 1-2. The Radisson Empire Hotel, New York City. Sponsored by the Institute for International Research. Call Kim Rivielle at (800) 345-8016, ext. 3143; fax (212) 599-2192; or visit http://www.iir-ny.com.
The conference will cover advanced marketing research techniques and statistical modeling as it applies to packaged goods, modeling, retailing, and marketing. Topics include "Trade Promotions vs. Consumer Promotions vs. Advertising"; "Improving the Impact of the Marketing Mix on Brand Health"; "When Scanner Data Isn't Accounting for Everything"; and "Channel Migration/ Class of Trade Migration and its Impact on Data Measurement."
* PERCEPTUAL MAPPING AND CONJOINT ANALYSIS SEMINARS December 7-10. Evanston, Illinois. Contact Nicole Garneau, Sawtooth Technologies, at (847) 866-0870 or see http://www.sawtooth.com.
The focus is on study design, sampling, analysis, and presentation of results. Dec. 7, "Perceptual Mapping: Theory and Practice"; Dec. 8-9, "Conjoint Analysis: Theory and Practice."
* ANALYSIS OF MESSY DATA: DESIGNED EXPERIMENTS December 9-11. Washington, D.C. Contact The Institute for Professional Eduction at (703) 527-8700; fax (703) 527-8703; or go to http://www.theIPE.com.
This is a contract education course for data analysts on how to select proper techniques and help provide correct interpretations of results obtained from computing software packages.
* TARGET: SMALL BUSINESS December 10-11. Westin Canal Place Hotel, New Orleans. Sponsored by the Institute for International Research. Call (888) 670-8200; fax (941) 365-2507; or visit http://www.iir-ny.com.
Topics cover ways to identify the needs and problems of small-business decision makers, how to access the most appropriate channels for marketing communication, service, and delivery; and the use of predictive models and segmentation processes.
* HANUKKAH Begins December 13
* NATIONAL CENTER FOR DATABASE MARKETING CONFERENCE December 13-15. Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Orlando. Contact the Direct Marketing Association, (212)790-1500; fax (212)302-7643; or visit http://www.the-dma.org.
* MARKETING ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING December 15-17. Chicago Marriott O'Hare. Sponsored by The University of Chicago, Business and Professional Programs, Graham School of General Studies. Contact (773) 702-1724 or fax (773) 702-6814.
This seminar is one of a series given by the university. This session examines cost-based versus value-based marketing strategies; market segmentation strategy and tactics; product/ service design and analysis tools; and assessing price sensitivity and competitive reactions.
* Y2K: SCENARIOS AND STRATEGIES December 16-17. Washington Hilton, Washington, D.C. Sponsored by The World Future Society. Call (301) 951-8274; fax (301) 951-0394; or see http://www.wfs.org.
The conference will explore the possible consequences of any unfixed or unforeseen computer glitches expected to occur on January 1, 2000. Representatives from the White House, U.S. government agencies, business, and the futurist community will discuss technological strategies, organizational countermeasures, vulnerable infrastructure, and long-term solutions.
* CHRISTMAS December 25
* CATEGORY STRATEGY: IMPROVING BRAND PERFORMANCE January 20-21. Hilton San Diego Resort, San Diego. Sponsored by the Institute for International Research. Contact (800) 345-8016, ext. 3141 or fax (212) 599-2192.
Workshops will address capability development, integration with retail loyalty programs, activity-based management, and overall performance assessment.
* Q SEARCH: A ROUNTABLE FOR QUALITATIVE RESEARCHERS January 25-26. The Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Clearwater, Florida. Sponsored by The Institute for International Research. Contact (800) 345-8016, ext. 3141 or fax (212) 599-2192.
Conference covers new tools, techniques, and technologies in market research.
JANUARY * CREATIVE ADVERTISING, MEDIA STRATEGY, PROMOTION STRATEGY CONFERENCE January 27-28. Rye Brook, New York. Sponsored by the Association of National Advertisers. Call (212) 697-5950 for registration or additional information.
February * DIRECT MARKETING TO BUSINESS CONFERENCE February 7-10. The Renaissance Orlando Resort, Orlando. Sponsored by the Direct Marketing Association. Contact the DMA at (212) 790-1500; fax (212) 302-7643; or visit http://www.the-dma.org.
* ADVERTISING MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE February 21-23. The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, Dana Point, California. Sponsored by the Association of National Advertisers. Call (212) 697-5950 for registration or additional information.
* NET EFFECTS, WORLDWIDE INTERNET CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION February 21-23. The London Hilton at Park Lane, United Kingdom. Sponsored by the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research, Amsterdam. Call +31-20-664-2141; fax +31-20-664-2922; or visit www.esomar.nl.