* Stephen Petranek was named editor in chief, Discover, part of Buena Vista Publishing Group Inc., New York City, from editor in chief, This Old House, part of Time Inc., New York City.
* Anu Bhalla has been named vice president, research services, of Ronin Corporation, in Princeton, New Jersey. Previously, she was vice president, global products for the Angus Reid Group. Also at Ronin, Kate Feather has been named senior research director, and at Ronin Research Services, Stacianne Wright has joined as research manager, from Research Analysis Corporation, where she directed a customer satisfaction research project.
* Jane Dunning has joined DM Management, Hingham, Massachusetts, as vice president of merchandising for its Nicole Summers catalog. She replaces Stephanie Noble, who retired. Most recently, Dunning was merchandising manager at L.L. Bean, and held a similar post for the Nordstrom catalog.
* Robert Croce was named director, government relations for Windsor, Connecticut-based ADVO, Inc., from district director for out-going U.S. Representative Barbara Kennelly (CT-1st District).
* Business Dynamics Consulting, Inc. has hired David Mench to lead its portfolio management and database marketing consulting practice in Newark, Delaware. Previously, he was head of Fleet Bank's data warehousing credit card unit in Wilmington.
* Christina Richardson-Bourke was named creative services director at Wright Communications, a design and communications consultancy for financial services companies in New York City, from vice president and manager, production planning for Salomon Brothers Inc., New York City.
* Pamet River Inc., a Boston-based marketing company, has named Carolyn Brzezinski to executive vice president of its new database marketing services group. Before joining Pamet, Brzezinski was head of Oracle Corporation's northeast data warehouse practice and was a senior practice director in the enterprise solutions group.
* Joanne DiNapoli has been promoted to the new position of manager of new products and sales staff development at Survey Sampling, Inc., from senior account executive.
* Al Seethaler has joined The Expert Marketplace and its division, The PEN Group, Englewood, Colorado, as vice president of sales and marketing. Previously, he was president and CEO of Cottonwood Communications in New York City.
* Jill Wynn has joined Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch, White Plains, New York, as senior vice president and head of the telecommunications business practice. Prior to this post, she was vice president and general manager of NFO/ InfoCom, a division of NFO Worldwide Inc.
* Zamudio Data Information Inc., a San Diego-based provider of data information processing and mailing services, has hired Donald Greenspan as vice president, sales and marketing. Prior to joining ZDI, he was president of American Pacific Partners, Inc.
* Jay Galluzzo was named client service manager at TradeDimensions, a VNU Marketing Information Services company, in Wilton, Connecticut. Prior to joining TradeDimensions, he was manager of new business development and a media analyst at Wahlstrom & Company, Stamford, Connecticut.
* 21st Century Marketing, a Farmingdale, New York-based direct marketing company, has hired Thomas E. McCarty as sales manager for its TrafikMax Services, from national sales manager for The Electronic Newsstand, Washington, D.C.
* Chris Kevorkian has been promoted to vice president, associate publisher of Sunset, in New York City, from associate publisher. Also at Sunset Publishing, Courtney Compton was named vice president, marketing director in the company's Menlo Park, California, headquarters, from marketing director.
* Miller/Huber Relationship Marketing, San Francisco, has hired Steve Myers as media supervisor and Mark Leach as marketing analyst. Previously, Myers was a media supervisor at Boston-based Bronner Slosberg Humphrey; Leach was a programmer and modeling and business analyst with American Management Systems' consumer financial services group.
* Mark Reynolds was named vice president of sales/southern region for the new Atlanta office of Relationship Marketing Group, based in Fairfield, Connecticut. Reynolds was previously with Catalina Marketing Corporation in Atlanta, most recently as executive director of international sales. Also at RMG, Tom Lantz was appointed to the new post of executive vice president of sales, from vice president of sales for Marketing Force, Inc., a division of Advo, Inc., Westport, Connecticut.
* U.S. Magnetix, Minneapolis, has hired Kerry A. Buntock as national sales manager for sales and marketing activities. Previously, he was general manager of the flexible magnet division at Master Magnetics, Inc.
* Kim Reale has joined Quality Controlled Services, St. Louis, as a client services representative, from project manager with Lucas Market Research, also in St. Louis.
* Frank Winters was named vice president, services, at Cascade Systems Inc. in Andover, Massachusetts. Prior to this appointment, he was a director in the program management group at Cap Gemini.
* Teresa P. Covington has joined Equity Marketing Inc., Los Angeles, as vice president of finance, from vice president of operations for Harman International Industries.
* Lipson Alport Glass & Associates, Chicago-based marketing design firm, has promoted Lynn Mueller and Tracy Bacilek to associate creative directors, from design director, responsible for art director and creative oversight.
* Stephen L. Shepherd to the new post of sales development manager for React, a news and entertainment magazine for teens, Parada Publications, New York, from travel advertising director for Modern Bride.
* BPA International, New York, has named three executives to its board of directors: Dean Buresh, president of Bozell Kamstra, a Minneapolis-based unit of Bozell Worldwide; Peter Horst, vice president of marketing for Ameritrade Holding Corporation, an online discount brokerage firm; and Brian Nairn, executive vice president of Cahners Business Information, Newton, Massachusetts.
* The Color Marketing Group has named John Troxell, Jr., from Wood-Mode, Inc., in Kreamer, Pennsylvania, to its board of directors.