* Also at Market Facts Inc., Jeanine Douglas and Nan Martin have been promoted to senior vice president. Douglas has been with Market Facts since 1990 and manages one of the company's customer service units. Martin joined Market Facts in 1974 and also manages one of the company's client service units.
* David Waitz has been promoted from executive vice president to president and CEO of Irwin Broh & Associates, a Des Plaines, Illinois-based marketing research company. Also at IB&A, Robert Rowe has been promoted to executive vice president, and Michael Saletta recently joined the company as vice president from The Signature Group.
* Relationship Marketing Group, Fairfield, Connecticut, has named Richard Thibedeau vice president of information technology. Thibedeau will be responsible for the technical support of the company's Data Vantage software system which allows manufacturers and retailers to customize offers to their most valuable customers based on scanner-collected purchase histories. Previously, Thibedeau spent five years as a POS systems analyst for Edwards Super Stores and Giant Food Stores, where he managed the development and maintenance of POS systems.
* Mike Palencia has been promoted to media director for Abelson-Taylor Inc., Chicago-based medical advertising agency. Previously, Palencia served as media planner. Also at Abelson-Taylor, Christin Hannon has been promoted to senior media planner. Hannon was also formerly a media planner.
* Forbes Inc. announced that Catherine Lukas would be the new ad director of Forbes ASAP. Forbes ASAP is the technology supplement to Forbes magazine. Lukas, who formerly served as an ad sales representative for Forbes and as district sales manager for CMP Media's NetGuide, will oversee the publication's ad sales from Forbes' new West Coast headquarters, located in Burlingame, California.
* Strategies, a Costa Mesa, California-based integrated marketing communications corporation, named Eric Matthews to the newly created position of designer/programmer, digital interactive. Matthews will be responsible for Web site design and development, creation of interactive multimedia presentations, digital prepress, and computer graphics animation for the agency's growing multimedia function.
* DiMark/Harte-Hanks has recently hired Mark Teixeira and Pamela Breimann as regional sales directors for the New York City based direct response advertising agency. Teixeira's region will include 14 states in the South, while Breimann's territory covers 11 Northeastern and New England states.
* Brian Arnold has been named executive vice president of Marketing Support, Inc., Chicago. In addition to supervising some of the agency's larger accounts, Arnold's expanded responsibilities will include overall strategic development of existing accounts and planning new business activities. Arnold has been with MSI since 1979.
* Retail Target Marketing Systems, Inc., Waukesha, Wisconsin, has announced that Gregory Bell will become its vice president of customer service. Bell, with nearly 20 years experience directing and supporting field service operations, will direct all customer service operations, including installations and ongoing support for RTMS.