* Tony Douglas has been named chairman and regional director of FCB Europe in London. Douglas joined FCB from a position as chief executive with the Central Office of Information, where he was responsible for communicating government policy.
* Darrell Burns was named vice president, professional services group at National Decision Systems, San Diego. Burns was formerly vice president, professional services at Janus Technologies, Pittsburgh.
* Norman Shaffer was appointed group media director on the Nike account at Wieden & Kennedy, Portland, Oregon. Shaffer was executive vice president, director of media services at Jordan McGrath Case & Partners, New York.
* At Age Wave Communications, Christien Boskin was appointed a member of the board of directors and special advisor to the company's Get Up & Go! magazine network, and Leda Sanford was named vice president, editorial director for Age Wave Communications. Also at Get Up & Go!, Greg Ottersbach has been named vice president, network sales. He was previously the publisher of a variety of healthcare-oriented magazines published by Phoenix, Arizona-based McMurry Publishing.
* Erin Fuller was named executive director of the Community Associations Institute Research Foundation. She'd been a management specialist with Andersen Consulting, Washington, D.C.
* Isabelle Day was named vice president and division director at R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company's South Daytona, Florida, division, from vice president marketing, magazine publishing services business, Chicago.
* Caitlin Storhaug was promoted to director, communications and media relations, at the National Restaurant Association's Education Foundation, Chicago, from director of communications and media relations, NRA, Washington, D.C.
* Frank Forkin was named partner with J.D. Power and Associates in Agoura Hills, California, to oversee automotive customer business relationships, direct suppliers, and provide market research services. Most recently he was senior vice president at Research Data Analysis, Inc.
* Beth Steel was named vice president for Media That Works (MTW). She will be based in the Los Angeles office and handle client services.
* Frank Manziano is now director, specialty sales of Curtis Circulation Company, New Milford, New Jersey, from associate director, single-copy operations at Ziff-Davis Publishing, New York City.
* News America Marketing, New York, recently announced two appointments: Chris Mixson to executive vice president, sales for News America Marketing, from executive vice president, sales, FSI division; and Martin J. Garofalo to group senior vice president, sales, FSI division, from senior vice president, partnerships division.
* Jack Riordan was hired as vice president sales, Gannett Retail Advertising Group, Chicago. Riordan had been a sales manager with 3M Corp.'s Post It Note Media.
* Dr. Charles S. Madden was elected chairman of the board of the American Marketing Association. He will retain his position as vice president, university relations at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.