1. -Choose media partnerships carefully. Consolidate relationships with a handful of business publishers that help you craft your online advertising. You don't want to spread things too thin with partners. On the other hand, be aware of the next generation of online publishers that are becoming increasingly important in your business sector.
2. -Choose rich online units versus static units. Rich units have proven to be more effective.
3. -Relevancy is key. The more relevant the message, the more impact it will have with the target audience.
4. -Closely track click-through rates. This gives you the luxury of being able to alter your marketing campaigns on the fly and adjust media spending accordingly.
5. -Set approximately 5% of your budget aside for online innovation and to test and learn programs. (The percentage for smaller companies should be around 3%.)