- Be relevant.Yes, you're selling something, but videos must educate or entertain.
- Forge a long-term plan. Decide on distribution strategy—banner, landing page or Web site—before you shoot.
- Go high-quality. Banner ads are small; smart phones even smaller. Tight shots using the highest-definition technology available will make for more engaging video.
- Shoot for multiple media. You can repurpose video for trade shows, press kit DVDs, podcasts (in the form of audio files) and radio spots. Shoot more than you need and include audio recordings and still shots as well.
- Plan for search. While only certain video technologies are searchable today, video becomes searchable if files are meta tagged and embedded with interactive elements, as well.