1. -Involve your agency early in defining business strategy and setting clear objectives.
2. -Find an agency partner with expertise in new media platforms such as online video, social media, mobile and viral marketing.
3. -Be willing to explore Web 2.0 applications such as blogs, podcasts and social networks.
4. -Select an agency that has a strong analytics practice and can help you measure performance.
5. -Leverage your database and work with your agency to build lead-generation, CRM and targeted marketing programs.