- Listen up. Twitter Search, Google Blogsearch and Technorati.com can find out whether people are talking about you or your products as well as other useful information.
- Be helpful. Sit in your customer's seat. Is there something simple you can create—even if it's just a new communications channel—that would help them? Help them succeed and they'll return the favor.
- Find a voice. Will your social media presence be your brand or individuals representing your brand? I prefer the latter but have seen the former used successfully.
- Share. Make every experience one part local (like a conference) and one part digital. Move the physical online so that people can continue talking.
- Be remarkable. People have lots of choices of information these days. What will make them remember you?
Source: Chris Brogan, president, New Marketing Labs