×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

BtoB

Bowker agrees to buy PubNet

Published on .

New Providence, N.J.--R. R. Bowker, a 130-year-old bibliographic information publisher, Friday agreed to acquire PubNet, an e-commerce company that enables booksellers to order books directly from publishers and distributors. Bowker owned 25% of the company already, having funded it from its inception five years ago; the purchase price of the remaining 75% was not disclosed. PubNet will retain its brand and management team and operate as a unit of Bowker.
Most Popular
In this article: