Media Business inaugurated the Top Innovators in 2004 to spotlight b-to-b media executives who, in a rapidly changing environment, are constantly creating new products and services to build their audiences and generate revenue.
“Our annual Media Business Innovators Awards were created to honor those who have impacted our business in a truly innovative way over the past year, leading their publications, companies, Web sites and departments in ways that all of us in the publishing business can learn from,” said Bob Felsenthal, VP-publisher of BtoB and Media Business.
Awards are given in six categories: CEO, publishing executive, online, events, audience development and production.
This year's winners are:
- CEO: Les Hinton, CEO, Dow Jones & Co.; Tom Kemp, chairman-CEO, Northstar Travel Media; Don Pazour, CEO, Access Intelligence
- Publishing executive: Pete May, president-publisher, Greener World Media; Michael Rooney, senior VP-chief revenue officer, The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones & Co.; Matt Yorke, president-IDG Strategic Marketing Services, International Data Group
- Online: Rob Grimshaw, managing director, FT.com, Financial Times; Guy Maser, senior VP-marketing, GlobalSpec; Carine Roman, senior VP-online operations, Ziff Davis Enterprise
- Events: Kevin Vermeulen, senior VP, ALM
- Audience Development: Sandra Martin, director of circulation, Canon Communications
- Production: Mike Morgan, VP-publishing operations, Farm Journal Media.
Gordon T. Hughes II, president-CEO of American Business Media, is being honored with a special Media Business Lifetime Innovator Award. Hughes is stepping down this summer after 16 years at the association's helm.
Media Business will present the awards at a luncheon Thursday, June 17, at the Essex House in New York. The program will start with a cocktail reception at 11:30 a.m. The awards luncheon will begin at 12:30 p.m. Tickets are $95 each or $850 for a table of 10. To make reservations, visit www.btobonline.com/Innovators.