BtoB

CeBIT America cancelled because of revenue concerns

Published on .

Reprints Reprints

Princeton, N.J.—Hannover Fairs USA has cancelled CeBIT America, citing revenue concerns. The show had been scheduled for June 28-30, 2005, in New York.

In a statement, Hannover Fairs President Joachim Schafer said: “CeBIT America is a terrific event, but it has not generated enough revenue to justify a third year. … It really is a reflection of a changing high-tech industry as well as the overall U.S. economy.”

CeBIT is the latest large IT show in the U.S. to be cancelled, following Media Live International’s decision last month to cancel its fall Comdex show.

Hannover Fairs will continue to produce CeBIT shows in Asia, Australia, Europe and the Middle East, as well as its ISCe Satellite & Communications show in Long Beach, Calif.

CeBIT’s flagship show, held in Hannover, Germany, reported 510,000 attendees this year and will not be affected by the U.S. cancellation, Hannover Fairs said.

—Kate Maddox

In this article:
Most Popular