×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

BtoB

Dow Jones plans 'Wall Street Journal' edition for India

Published on .

Most Popular
Dow Jones New York--Dow Jones & Co. Thursday announced an agreement with Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., publisher of The Times of India and The Economic Times, to publish an edition of The Wall Street Journal for India.

The joint venture will publish the Journal five days a week. The newspaper will target Indian business readers and international business travelers.

Under the agreement, Dow Jones will own 26% of the venture, and Bennett Coleman the remaining 74%. Suman Dubey, currently Dow Jones' corporate representative in India, is slated to edit the newspaper.

The Indian version of the Journal will join other overseas versions of the paper: The Asian Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal Europe and The Wall Street Journal Americas in Latin America.

--Sean Callahan

In this article: