Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.


News Feed FYI: A window into News Feed

Published on .

This week Facebook began a new blog called News Feed FYI, explaining ongoing changes to its central feature, News Feed. According to Facebook blogger Lars Backstrom, writing the blog's initial entry, one of the newly announced changes is a means of reshowing older posts, with organic stories that people did not scroll down far enough to see reappearing near the top of News Feed, provided the stories are still getting lots of “likes” and comments. Backstrom says missed News Feed items are a problem: Users typically read just 57% of the stories in their News Feeds and do not scroll far enough to see the other 43%. When the unread stories were resurfaced, the fraction of read stories increased to 70%, he said.
Most Popular
In this article: