×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

BtoB

One in seven online searches results in competitor site visit

Published on .

Most Popular

New York—On average, 85% of brand name searches result in a visit to one the Web sites of the brand’s owner; the remaining 15% go to competitors’ sites, according to a recent study by Hitwise. One in seven search results ends up bringing the user to the rival sites through a sponsored search result.

This finding indicates that many competitors are continuing to buy rival company’s names as keywords. The research was published Wednesday by Hitwise, an online competitive intelligence provider, is based on analysis conducted on 30 online brands in February.

—Carol Krol

In this article: