Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

Brooklyn Brothers Go To London

By Published on .

New York-based agency The Brooklyn Brothers has announced the opening of Brooklyn Brothers, London, bringing its worldwide office count to two.

"Sir Martin Sorrell and John D. Wren will no doubt be sleeping a little less soundly tonight knowing that The Brooklyn Brothers has literally doubled in size," says agency founder Guy Barnett.

The new office is headed up by George Bryant, former managing partner of AMV BBDO, Jason Fretwell, former creative director of AMV BBDO, Jackie Stevenson, former managing director of Craik Jones and David Watson, former CEO of Craik Jones. The four new partners will equally share a 70 percent ownership of the new business, with the remaining 30 percent held by the New York office. The London office is developing its own client base, with the its American sibling helping out in the early months.

Brooklyn Brothers, London (L to R) George Bryant, David Watson, Jackie Stevenson, Jason Fretwell
Brooklyn Brothers, London (L to R) George Bryant, David Watson, Jackie Stevenson, Jason Fretwell
"The cross-discipline experience of our colleagues will mean they'll be able to work the same way as we do here. Namely, doing everything," says Barnett, whose New York clients include Versus, CNN.com, Fuse Network, the UN and the New York Rangers. The agency has also created its own organic chocolate brand called Fat Pig and published a children's book called Gently Elephant. "David Watson and Jackie Stevenson are people we've known for a long time. They've worked well with the other two for a number of years through their Omnicom connection so they are already a tight unit. Two of the partners (Jason and Jackie) also have experience in launching their own product lines so they understand our need for creativity beyond advertising."
Most Popular
In this article: