From a Law and Order-themed video that tried to get to the bottom of how Erin Clift the VP of global marketing and partnerships at Spotify, seemingly does it all (with a cameo by Sting) to a surreal video featuring Rei Inamoto, the CCO at AKQA, and his identical twin, Yu, the videos were a really great way to recognize the achievements of each of the honorees. And of course, there were plenty of inside jokes, as in the video for Tor Myhren, the president of Grey NY, which featured a talking baby with a very dirty mouth -- a nod to the creative's popular E*Trade talking baby spots. We also loved the film introducing Allstate director of marketing, Georgina Flores, which had a familiar voice-over telling her story, and an appearance by the "Mayhem" character from the company's commercials.
Also among the honorees was Max Page, the eight-year-old star of Volkswagen's Super Bowl 2011 effort, "The Force." While too young to officially be inducted, the pint-sized Darth Vader, who was born with a congenital heart defect and just underwent another heart surgery, was recognized for his work in lobbying DC on behalf of the Children's Hospital Association, and raising money for sick kids everywhere. AAF presented him with a $10,000 check to go towards the charities he supports.
See below for a full list of honorees, and check out their bios on the AAF website.
- Erin Clift, Vice President, Global Marketing & Partnerships, Spotify
- Georgina Flores, Director of Marketing, Allstate Insurance Company
- Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, AKQA
- Howard Mittman, VP & Publisher, WIRED, Conde Nast
- Tor Myhren, President & Chief Creative Officer, Grey New York
- Marc Speichert, Chief Marketing Officer, L'Oreal USA
- Lisa Weinstein, President, Global Digital, Data & Analytics, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Max Page, Recipient of the Special Award for Charitable Works for Children's Hospitals
As the role of programmatic buying and selling in digital advertising continues to grow, issues surrounding viewability and verification are moving to the forefront. This white paper looks at the current state of and future prospects for programmatic in a digital ad industry increasingly defined by viewability and verification. Brought to you by RhythmOne.Learn more