NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Standard messaging and data rates apply. Not responsible for misdirected, garbled, lost or late entries. Certain other restrictions may apply.
1. Eligibility: The Ad Age Digital Conference Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any special equipment for the purposes of entering this Sweepstakes. Employees of Advertising Age, a publication of The Ad Age Group, a business unit of Crain Communications Inc., JAGTAG, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Advertising Age, a publication of The Ad Age Group, a business unit of Crain Communications Inc., 711 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on February 21, 2010 at 6:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 26, 2010 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). JAGTAG, Inc.'s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter:
a. Emailing from Smartphone: During the Promotion Period, if you see the JAGTAG on the cover of Ad Age magazine, take a clear picture of it with your Smartphone and email it, using your Smartphone, to email@example.com to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Text from a cell phone: During the Promotion Period, if you see the JAGTAG on the cover of Ad Age magazine, take a clear picture of it with your cell phone and, if you have an AT&T or Verizon phone, send it to short code 524824, or if you have any other cell phone, text it to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Standard messaging and data rates apply.
c. Emailing from Computer: During the Promotion Period, if you see the JAGTAG on the cover of Ad Age magazine, take a picture of it with your mobile phone or a digital camera and email it from your computer, to email@example.com to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
For All Entries: Successful entrants will receive a confirmation message from JAGTAG. By entering, you are using the JAGTAG service and JAGTAG's terms & conditions located at www.jagtag.com/t&c apply.
Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address, cell phone or Smartphone. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, cell phones, Smartphones, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address, cell phone, or Smartphone used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address, cell phone, or Smartphone, by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address or phone carrier responsible for assigning telephone numbers. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or around March 1, 2010, Administrator will randomly select five (5) potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be notified by email or phone. Each potential winner who entered via text messaging will be notified by JAGTAG and required to provide a valid email address to JAGTAG, within three (3) days of notification or forfeit the prize. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit") in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide a valid email address as required above, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, potential winner forfeits the prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 3 - 4 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES: A ticket to the Ad Age Digital Conference to be held in New York City, April 13-14, 2010. Approximate Retail Value: $995. Transportation not included. Sponsor is not responsible if conference or any portion of it is delayed, postponed or canceled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, JAGTAG, Inc., Administrator, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, prize, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than July 1, 2010. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "The Ad Age Digital Conference Sweepstakes, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
© 2010 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.