DonorsChoose.org and eBay are being honored by the Cause Marketing Forum as the top winners in the CMF's annual Cause Marketing Halo Awards. The awards, being given out today at the organization's ninth annual conference in Chicago, recognize companies and nonprofits for their work in furthering various causes.
As part of the awards, the Cause Marketing Forum honors one business and one nonprofit for their leadership and outstanding efforts in doing well by doing good.
Each year, CMF chooses one company and one nonprofit for their outstanding efforts in doing well by doing good. This year, DonorsChoose.org won the Cause Marketing Golden Halo Award for Nonprofits for its work in helping corporate partners support classrooms in need, benefiting millions of students, and for leading cause marketing into the digital age.
The Cause Marketing Golden Halo Award for Business is being presented to eBay, the first e-commerce company to win the Golden Halo, for its Giving Works program. Giving Works allows people to raise money on eBay for their favorite causes, helping thousands of nonprofits to raise hundreds of millions of dollars.
In addition, 18 Halo category awards are being presented:
Best Transactional Campaign
- Gold: The Community TELUS TV Campaign: TELUS and various local charities
- Silver: Huddle to Fight Hunger: Kraft Foods and Feeding America
Best Social Service or Education Campaign
- Gold: National Suit Drive: Men's Wearhouse and multiple local nonprofits focused on job readiness for disadvantaged men
- Silver: Kohl's Cares $10 Million Contest, Kohl's Department Stores and K-12 schools across the country
Best Health-related Campaign
- Gold: The Recovery Project: A&E Television Network and Faces & Voices of Recovery, National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and Community Anti-drug Coalitions of America
- Silver: Hyundai Gives Hope on Wheels: September Childhood Cancer Awareness Initiative : Hyundai Motor America
Best Message-focused Campaign
- Gold: National Conversation Drive: Liberty Mutual and ITNAmerica
- Silver: Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF: Toys "R" Us and U.S. Fund for UNICEF
Best Video Creative
- Gold: American Express Members Project: American Express Co.
- Silver: Blue Water Project: Royal Bank of Canada and Free the Children, Tides Canada and the National Geographic Society
Best Environmental or Animal Campaign
- Gold: Blue Water Project: Royal Bank of Canada and nonprofits that protect watersheds and provide clean drinking water
- Silver: Hello Green Tomorrow: Avon and the Nature Conservancy
Best Print Creative
- Gold: Child Hunger Ends Here: ConAgra Foods and Feeding America
- Silver: Bulgari for Children's Education: Bulgari and Save the Children
Best Event Marketing Campaign
- Gold: National Believe Day: Macy's and Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Silver: National Conversation Drive: Liberty Mutual and ITNAmerica
Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Gold: Our School Needs: Microsoft-Bing and DonorsChoose.org
- Silver:The Aviva Community Fund: Aviva Canada
For more information about the Cause Marketing Forum and the Cause Marketing Halo Awards, visit www.causemarketingforum.com or call CMF President David Hessekiel at 914-921-3914.