The result: Thousands of happy children, who benefited through everything from meals and clothing to educational materials and toys.
The Oct. 15 event was established to support DraftFCB's commitment to children's causes. "DraftFCB has long recognized the need to give back to our communities and enrich the lives of others," said Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB president-CEO, in a statement. "Through our Global Day of Giving, our employees have the opportunity to rally around a worthy cause while connecting with their colleagues worldwide."
Among the events held around the world:
- New York: Volunteers made more than 750 art kits and 150 cards for Project Sunshine, a nonprofit organization that provides free educational, recreational and social programs to children facing medical challenges and their families.
- San Francisco: Staffers collected more than 1,000 shoes and donations of $2,000 for a shoe drive benefiting children in Haiti.
- Chicago: Volunteers held a toy drive to gather more than 1,000 toys for children in need.
- Orange County, Calif.: The DraftFCB office joined Taco Bell at a local food bank to package 956 boxes of food, each feeding a family of four for one week.
- Argentina: Staffers supplied meals to underprivileged children.
- Turkey: Volunteers set up a day of fun and games for orphans.
- Kuala Lumpur: Employees collected donations to contribute monthly supplies to an orphanage.
Show off rich, innovative advertising. B-to-b marketers are wrestling with their own unique challenges--and proving that they’ve got what it takes to close the deal. Join an impressive group of past winners that includes Adobe, Avon, Cisco, Oakley, Time Warner Cable Media and more.
Extended Deadline: October 19, 2015. Enter now.