Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

GE Takes Wait-and-See Approach With NBC

What You Should Have Read, Oct. 11, 2007

Published on .

GE to Decide on NBC After Olympics
The Financial Times reports that the fate of NBC Universal, a unit of General Electric, will be decided only after the Beijing Olympics, as GE execs have ruled out a sale before August's showcase event, according to people close to the situation. NBC, whose value is estimated at about $40 billion, has been the subject of repeated sale rumors because of its lagging performance and the awkward fit with the rest of GE's businesses. The issue is likely to resurface on Friday, when GE reports third-quarter earnings that should show signs of improvement at NBC. GE owns 80% of NBC Universal. Vivendi, which owns the other 20%, is not seen as a potential buyer.
In this article:
Most Popular