Fox News and Dish Network reached a new distribution agreement, ending a contentious fee dispute and returning the most-watched U.S. cable news network to the air being blacked out for almost a month.
Fox Business Network is also available again for Dish's satellite-TV customers, the companies announced today in a joint statement. Terms of the new deal weren't disclosed.
The networks, part of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Inc., hadn't been available for Dish's 14 million customers since Dec. 21. Channels have been blacked out temporarily on Dish's service with increasingly regularity as the satellite company says it's pushing back on rising programming costs.
CBS Corp. pulled its flagship network briefly from Dish on Dec. 5 before reaching a long-term accord restoring service a few hours later.
Several Turner Broadcasting channels, including CNN and Cartoon Network, went dark on Dish in October. The two sides agreed Nov. 21 to extend service for several months while they worked out a long-term deal.
Dish said last month that Fox had cut off the two news networks in an effort to triple rates on sports and entertainment channels that aren't a part of the contract up for renewal.
Fox News fired back last weekend, airing a commercial with two of its biggest personalities -- Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly -- urging Dish subscribers to switch pay-TV providers and claiming the satellite operator was "censoring what you see."
~ Bloomberg News ~