Two marketers, two publishing executives and three people from the marketing world were selected. They are:
* Linda Thomas Brooks, 38, exec VP-managing director of Interpublic Group of Cos.' General Motors Mediaworks and GM Cyberworks.
* Karen Edwards, former VP-worldwide marketing at Yahoo! She worked for Yahoo! since 1996 but resigned this past summer.
* Jack Griffin, now 41, president of Parade Publications since November.
* Chan Suh, 40, chief executive of Agency.com, which he co-founded in 1995.
* Deborah Wahl, marketing communications manager for Ford Motor Co.'s Lincoln Mercury, which she joined in 1999.
* Tony Wright, 40, chief strategy and planning officer for WPP Group's Ogilvy & Mather Advertising Worldwide, which he joined in 1995.
* Anne Kallin Zehren, 38, publisher of Time Inc.'s Teen People. The magazine launched in January 1998, and Ms. Zehren joined in May.
The award, which has been given since 1993, honors people 40 and younger who have affected the industry through their leadership, career or personal qualities.
"We celebrate these industry achievers for advancing their clients' best interests through dynamic advertising practices," said the group's President-CEO Wally Snyder.
The board selected the seven from 45 nominees. The American Advertising Federation, which postp0ned releasing the news of the honorees following the attack on the World Trade Center, said it was going forward with the event because of urges from President Bush and New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to return to business.