Chat . . .

Published on .

Most Popular
MyPoints.com is looking at ways to port its Web incentive-points program to bricks-and-mortar stores, perhaps through its own plastic card or by finding a way to align with credit or shopper cards already in your wallet. MyPoints Chairman-CEO Steve Markowitz is scoping Canada's Air Miles incentives plan for ideas. Mr. Markowitz, meanwhile, was not happy to see his site running an ad from rival promo outfit Ebates.com. "It's killing me," he says. What to do? "I'm a very mellow guy," says the intense, fast-talking, coffee-chugging chief. "I sent out an e-mail (inside MyPoints) saying we just have to think strategically about what advertising we accept."

Lot21 President-CEO Kate Everett-Thorp says her Web shop duels so often in reviews with San Francisco rivals Left Field and SF Interactive that "the three of us might as well come in together and save everyone time." Lot21, with ambitions to be a global powerhouse, moves into New York Oct. 1. Left Field also says it's plotting an eastern expansion.

NBC-backed portal Snap won an Emmy for an NBC-created spot about a kid teaching himself sign language so he could speak with a deaf classmate. We recall the comment of an NBC insider upon seeing the in-house agency's campaign early this year: "I was shocked. They actually were really good.'

Copyright September 1999, Crain Communications Inc.

In this article: