×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

Doubleclick Benelux opens

Published on .

AMSTERDAM--DoubleClick, the U.S.-owned Internet ads sales representative group, has launched DoubleClick Benelux by taking a 70% stake in NetSales, of Almere, the Netherlands. The other 30% in the leading Dutch Web sales house is still in the hands of 2PR Holding.

DoubleClick has been expanding recently in Europe. Last November, the Web site ad sales network set up its first international headquarters in Dublin, Eire. Barry Salzman, a former McKinsey & Co. exec, is president of DoubleClick International. The company has 24 offices in 14 countries countries around the world. DoubleClick says its network is used by more than 2,800 advertisers.

Rival U.S. Web ad sales house 24/7 Media has been expanding in Europe, acquiring London-based InterAd Holding, which operates eight sales offices in seven European markets.

Copyright February 1999, Crain Communications Inc.

Most Popular
In this article: