Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

ESPN Latin America adds first time advertisers

Published on .

NEW YORK -- ESPN International has added a handful of first-time advertisers to its pan-regional TV network in Latin America. The new advertisers on the sports channel are General Electric, Reebok International, Samsung, Sony, Motorola Pagers and Motorola Cellular Phones.

ESPN Latin America, the network that reaches 8.7 million households throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, is transmitted in English, Spanish and Portuguese. General Electric will also advertise on ESPN Dos, the sub-regional distributed to 1.1 million homes in Mexico and Central America.

ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation holds the remaining 20% interest in ESPN.

Copyright May 1997, Crain Communications Inc.

Most Popular
In this article: