×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

Japanese online ad co. to incorporate advertorials

Published on .

TOKYO -- Japanese online advertising company CYBER AGENT is launching a new campaign that will incorporate advertorials and has signed up its first client, Osaka-based cable music company USEN-NET.

CYBER AGENT and USEN-NET will establish a joint site that enables Internet users to apply to receive USEN-NET services, and CYBER AGENT will place service advertorials on 50 affiliated sites.

Under the new system, CYBER AGENT will collect a fee of $81 from USEN-NET each time an Internet user who has read the advertorial actually signs up for USEN-NET services. CYBER AGENT will keep 40%of the fee and remit the remaining 60% to the site that hosts the advertorial.

The company claims the system is more effective than the traditional guaranteed clickthrough system.

Copyright July 1999, Crain Communications Inc.

Most Popular
In this article: