* Dean Foods Co. announces minority stake in soyfoods marketer White Wave.
* H.J. Heinz Co. announces 19.5% stake in natural foods company Hain Food Group, and upped the investment in June 2000 to maintain its level of investment when Hain merged with Celestial Seasonings, forming Hain Celestial Group.
* Kellogg Co. acquires meat alternatives marketer Worthington Foods for $307 million.
* General Mills acquires organic fruits, vegetables and entrees marketer Small Planet Foods.
* Kraft Foods announces purchase of energy bar marketer Balance Bar Co. for $268 million.
* Kraft Foods purchases meatless-alternative company Boca Burger for $100 million.
* Nestle USA announces purchase of energy bar marketer PowerBar.
* Kellogg Co. acquires natural cereal and convenience foods company Kashi Co.
* ConAgra acquires soy and vegetarian foods marketer Lightlife Foods.