Marketing Management Analytics on
"The value of print in the marketing mix"
* Returns on print ad spending are among the highest of any media, short only of digital channels.
* Half-page ads, when designed to be half-page ads, can be more effective than full-page ads.
* Niche magazines may be more expensive, but their targeted nature makes them more efficient.
* Print excels at communicating complex messages.
William J. Havlena
* Combining TV and magazine advertising produced best impact on purchase intent for a beverage product
* Different media perform differently at different points in the "purchase funnel," with magazines making high contributions closer to purchase, when consumers are highly engaged.
* Magazines are more effective than current buzz suggests-especially when combined with TV
* Examining a direct-to-consumer pharmaceutical campaign, Marketing Evolution found that print had the greatest ability to influence "Intent to talk to a doctor"-at the smallest cost per consumer.
GfK Starch Communications
* Engagement is not as closely linked with advertising effectiveness as many believe; creative execution is central to an ad's success or failure.
* Ads appearing in low-engagement magazines do not suffer from the environment-and ads in high-engagement publications do not receive any great advantage.