×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

True North completes Bozell purchase

Published on .

True North Communications closed its heavily contested acquisition of Bozell, Jacobs, Kenyon & Eckhardt Dec. 30 in an overwhelming -- if anticlimactic -- shareholder vote to approve the deal.

At a special shareholder meeting in Chicago, 77% of 21 million shares voted approved the deal. The remaining 23% included a vote of no from former partner Publicis Communication, which lost a last-ditch appeal to halt the acquisition in the Delaware Supreme Court Dec. 29. Publicis Chairman Maurice Levy was not present at the meeting, but representatives of the French company voted its 18.4% stake in True North against the acquisition.

For more on this story, see FEATURES.

Copyright December 1997, Crain Communications Inc.

In this article:
Most Popular