* Havas Advertising's Arnold Worldwide, Boston, for Volkwagen of America.
* Butler, Shine & Stern, Sausalito, Calif., for San Francisco Jazz Festival.
* Cliff Freeman & Partners, New York, for Fox Sports.
* Omnicom Group's Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco, for SBC Communications' Pacific Bell.
* Secret Weapon Marketing (Kowloon Wholesale Seafood Co.), Santa Monica, Calif., for Jack in the Box.
* WongDoody, Los Angeles, for Los Angeles Dodgers.
In the press & poster competition, the U.S. won five Gold Lions:
* Arnold Worldwide, Boston, for Volkswagen of America.
* Crispin, Porter & Bogusky, Miami, for GT Bicycles.
* Publicis Groupe's Fallon, Minneapolis, for Sports Illustrated.
* Holland Mark Advertising, Boston, for Boston Globe.
* Wieden & Kennedy, New York, for Nike.
The U.S. won three Gold Cyber Lions:
* Modem Media, Norwalk, Conn., for Weight Watchers.
* Omnicom's TBWA/Chiat/Day, New York, for Doctors Without Borders.
* Ego Media, New York, for itself.
The U.S. won four of 15 Media Lions plus the Grand Prix. U.S. Media Lions:
* Publicis' Team One Advertising, El Segundo, Calif., for Lexus.
* Bcom3 Group's Starcom Worldwide, Chicago, two awards, for Nintendo.
* Grey Global Group's MediaCom, New York, for Reebok.