* Animated e-mails with flashy graphics and audio that reminds viewers to tune in to the new series.
* Streaming media capabilities that allows users to see short clips or video excerpts from "Heroes."
* Message boards set up to spark conversations through sequential "posts" or updates made by fans.
* Show merchandise is available online.
* Heroestheseries.com markets the show like a film/DVD release, whereas NBC's "First Look" site provides more traditional TV content, with a video promo, along with the rest of the network's fall lineup.
* 9thWonders, which was launched just before ComicCon, and is intended for serious fans with behind-the-scenes content, downloads, in-depth discussions and fan-created material.
* Wireless enhancements include wallpaper of screen grabs from the show for cell phones.
* Apple iTunes made the pilot available beginning Sept. 1, with sponsorship backing from Nissan.