72andSunny has won nearly every accolade under the sun -- from Cannes Lions to being named AdAge's Agency of the Year in 2012. Behind Kenny Powers' dirty mouth, Samsung's know-it-all fans and Kate Upton's unique way of eating a burger is a creative team led by chief creative officer Glenn Cole. We asked the former Wieden & Kennedy creative director to tell us a few things most people don't know about him.
1. He was a comic nerd growing up -- plastic baggies and all. He collected "X-Men," "Spider Man," and anything by Frank Miller. He prides himself on having the full set of "Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider Man" original series. Bar one: He never managed to acquire issue #27.
2. He has a fondness for dead languages. While Mr. Cole speaks some Dutch and Italian, he retains a handle on Latin from high school. He was even the Washington State VP of the Junior Classical (Latin) League.
3. He has a "caffeine strategy" for significant presentations and meetings. It goes like this: A 16-ounce coffee 15 minutes prior to the meeting. "Any earlier, and I'll peak too soon," he said. "Any later and I begin speaking gibberish. Fifteen minutes out, I'm golden."
4. He wound up in the hospital trying to impress a girl. Molly Hall was the girl of his dreams when he was 17. Smart, pretty, silly, "the whole deal." One day, they were walking past a four-foot concrete wall, when Mr. Cole suggested he could jump onto it from a standing position. He ended up in the hospital an hour later. "Molly was there watching," he said. "I don't think she was impressed."
5. He loves Harry Potter -- and coincidentally has a scar on his forehead shaped like a lightning bolt.
6. He's a huge fan of SyFy's "Sharknado." It's "genius," he said.