SapientNitro Worldwide Chief Creative officer Gaston Legorburu has widely been credited with upping the creative ante at the agency, largely through his philosophy of treating digital with as much care and craft as any other creative
Under him, Sapient has made moves in Latin America -- it recently bought Miami-based La Comunidad -- as well as elsewhere in the world, with acquisitions in Germany and the United Kingdom. And in terms of the work, the shop is starting to make more of an impact in the creative space, with work for Fiat, Home Depot and the X Games.
For this week's edition of "Six Things," Mr. Legorburu shared little-known facts about himself.
1. He met Salvador Dali when he was a kid, a meeting that inspired him to become an artist. Unfortunately, it took him 10 years to figure out that making a decent living at it was probably not possible.
2. He conned his friends' parents. While attending high school at the New World School of the Arts, he sold every piece of artwork to his rich friends' families until the school caught him doing it. He says he learned little about art, but a lot about business.
3. Gaston isn't French, even though people assume he was named after the character from "Beauty and the Beast." He doesn't even speak a word of the language, and is originally from Venezuela.
4. He's a big-time angler. He fishes competitively in sailfish and marlin tournaments all over the world. He's been to the world championships three times, and was even part of a reality series for a season.
5. His guilty pleasure is buying things he can't afford. He happens to love everything with a design: From guitars to motorcycles to automobiles, he collects them all. He has owned over 30 cars in his lifetime.
6. He doesn't rehearse before a pitch, which drives his team nuts.
The Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend is the blockbuster sales period for marketers, not just as the holiday launching point, but also as a contributor to overall annual sales. Savvy marketers are starting early and turning to omnichannel optimization. Learn what you need to do now. Brought to you by Criteo.Learn more