I'd suggest adding the websites to your RSS reader. And you'll need to get on Twitter if you want to follow the people with an @ sign in front of a their name.
So here we go. In no particular order:
1. Go listen to Chris Brogan at either his blog, ChrisBrogan.com or follow him on Twitter @ChrisBrogan for a daily dose of smart writing and a wonderful resource for pointing you to other great content, especially social media.
4. Ever read the book, Creating Customer Evangelists? If not, you should. And to hear the authors' latest missives visit their blog at Church of the Customer. You can also follow them @BenMcConnell and @JackieHuba.
6. If you think you can handle the stream, Steve Rubel's lifestream is always full of interesting information and points you to tons of research, stats and such. But be prepared, Steve is a prolific poster. And of course @steverubel.
8. I have always loved the Pew Internet & American Life Project. Now I get new reports pushed to me as soon as they're released via Pew's Front Page feed. For broader coverage of social trends, follow the Pew Social Trends feed.
9. I was recently pointed to Jan Chipchase's (@janchip) future perfect blog . He's a researcher for Nokia that is currently stationed in Tokyo and often posts things that are just plain interesting, not to mention, always insightful to see what other cultures are doing – especially with mobile technology.
10. And last but not least, two companies that focus on new ideas and trends which they deliver via monthly emails which are always a great read and full of interesting ideas. Pop over to trendwatching.com and springwise.com to register for their emails or sign up for their feeds.
Now this is just the tip of the iceberg of information that I follow and if you want to follow me use @TomMartin on Twitter or subscribe to my personal blog Positive Disruption to find other great resources.
Lastly, it's the holidays and as they say, it is better to give than receive. So in that spirit use the comment field below to share your top 5 or 10 resources so we can all become a bit smarter.