* In the table "Top U.S.-based Consolidated Agency Networks" (P. S-10), Arnold Worldwide Partners, Boston, should have ranked No. 15 within the U.S. at $312.6 million gross income, down 7.8%, and No. 17 on a worldwide basis, with gross income of $577.9 million, down 5%. Brann Worldwide, Wilton, Conn., had been erroneously omitted from Arnold's totals in both cases, leading to lower rankings.
* In the footnote to the table "Top Media Specialist Cos." (P. S-14), WPP Group does not own 19% of Aegis as reported.
* McCormick Co., formerly McCormick Advertising, Amarillo, Texas, was inadvertently omitted from the report. Its gross income was $6.4 million in 2001 on billings of $41.3 million. The agency would have ranked No. 281 among U.S. agency brands.
In the table "Top Agencies in 124 Countries":
* In the ranking for agencies in Bolivia (P. S-16), Smart McCann, La Paz, should have been listed as No. 1 with gross income of $1.8 million.
* In the ranking for agencies in Germany (P. S-17), Jung von Matt, Hamburg, omitted from the chart, should have been listed at $35 million.
* In the rankings for agencies in Italy (P. S-18), B CommunicationsMarino, Milan, was inadvertently omitted. The agency, formerly known as B Communications, had gross income of $5.41 million from three offices in 2001, compared with $3.05 million from two offices in 2000. It absorbed an agency in Rome during the year resulting in the Marino name addition.
* In the ranking for agencies in Poland (P. S-19), ninth-ranked J. Walter Thompson-Parintex, Warsaw, should have been listed at $6.07 million in gross income in 2001, dropping it to No. 10 behind D'Arcy, Warsaw.
* Clarke Advertising & PR, Sarasota, Fla., had gross income of $3.2 million and billings of $20.1 million in 2001. Its returns were received too late to be included in the report.
Additionally, corrections and clarifications have been made to the electronic supplement to the Agency Report. A revised version of the report can be downloaded at AdAge.com. Among the corrections:
* Billings by office for Dentsu, Young & Rubicam Partnerships, omitted in the original, have been added. The Foote, Cone & Belding Worldwide unit of Interpublic Group of Cos. owns 62.99% of FCB Africa.
* The number of employees and offices for the J. Walter Thompson unit of WPP Group were misstated; JWT had 9,130 employees worldwide in 2001, in 314 offices.
Marketing Services :
* Colangelo Synergy Marketing, Darien, Conn., had U.S. gross income of $16.7 million in 2001, up 26%. Its returns were received too late to be included in the report.
* Interactive agencies and their 2001 U.S. revenue from interactive obtained after the May 27 ranking include:
IconMedialab North America, New York, a division of IconMedialab International, Brussels, $37 million;
Critical Mass, Chicago, $30 million;
Wirestone, Emeryville, Calif., $24.6 million;
imc2, Dallas, $14 million.
DNA Studio, Beverly Hills, Calif., $7.9 million;
Ripple Effects Interactive, Pittsburgh, $5.4 million;
Y+R2.1, New York, a unit of Y&R Advertising, $4.7 million;
Ant Farm Interactive, Atlanta, $3.5 million.