* For first quarter 2005, McDonald's spent $142.5 million in U.S. measured media, according to TNS Media Intelligence.
* McDonald's ran its first national print ad Oct. 5, 1962, in Life. Its first local TV commercial aired in 1963 and first network spot in '65. "I'm lovin' it" in 2003 represented the fast-feeder's first global campaign.
* Restaurant consultancy Technomic attributed 45% of the hamburger segment to McDonald's in 2004; Burger King and Wendy's tied with 14.2% each, based on U.S. sales.
* Global systemwide sales at McDonald's rose 5.9% in May vs. a year earlier. For the first quarter, ended March 31, revenue climbed 9% to $4.8 billion as net income spurted 42% to $727.9 million.
* 2004 revenue: $19.1 billion, up 11% from '03; net income: $2.3 billion, up 55%.
* 52-week share price range (as of July 20): $25.64-$34.56.