When it comes to big ideas, size really doesn't matter. At Ad Age's Small Agency Conference, executives from brands and agencies of all stripes — including Ad Age's 2015 Small Agency of the Year and the 2016 Multicultural Agency of the Year — will share the stories behind innovative campaigns, how they moved from unknowns to challengers, and why looking beyond the world of advertising can lead to smarter ideas with real impact.
The event on July 19 and 20 at 1 Hotel South Beach, includes a welcome cocktail party, a full day of education and plenty of opportunities for networking.
- José Mollá, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, The Community will share what he wishes he knew before he started his own agency as well as the valuable lessons he's learned over his career in advertising.
- Tina Nguyen, Managing Director, Taco Bell Foundation and Matt Reinhard, Founder and Creative Director, O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul will describe how and why a collaboration with a "Hollywood bungalow" of outside partners led to Taco Bell's Live Más Scholarship.
- Stephen Leps, Executive Creative Director, Fusion and Armando Flores, Creative Director, SS&K will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the "#CallingAllVoices" campaign created around the Republican presidential debate in Detroit.
- Jack Skeels, CEO, AgencyAgile will lead an interactive session, allowing participants to assess their company's strengths and weaknesses and learn how to empower their teams.
- A panel consisting of Madonna Badger, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Badger & Winters; David Baldwin, Lead Guitar, Baldwin&; David Angelo, Founder and Chairman, David&Goliath; and Anthony Del Monte, Founder and President, Squeaky Wheel Media will discuss why they dedicate time to tackle social issues and the potential of all advertising professionals today.
- The founders of fast-growing brands will explain how they are building businesses that thrive and the challenges they face along the way.
And don't miss the awards at Briza on the Bay, where Ad Age will announce this year's crop of Small Agency winners.
Learn more about the Small Agency Conference & Awards and register at adage.com/smallagency2016. Groups of six or more will receive $155 off each ticket.