Each year it seems like everyone and his brother turns into an expert on Super Bowl ads, making lists that rank their top picks. But as a publication that speaks to marketing professionals, our audience really is composed of experts and we thought it would be interesting to see what you thought of ads past. So, in a series of polls in the days leading up to the game, we're going to let our readers vote.
We've grouped the spots by category, and we'll match those winners (and a few other classics) to determine the best ad ever. Today's focus: Ads featuring celebrities.
Note: In some cases we've gone with a descriptive title rather than the spot's actual title to help clarify things in our poll.
1. Super Bowl VII (1973) Noxzema: Joe Namath & Farah Fawcett
2. Super Bowl XVIII (1984) Alan Alda for Atari Computers
3. Super Bowl XXI (1987) Michael J Fox for Diet Pepsi
4. Super Bowl XXI (1987) Pierce Brosnan and ninjas for Diet Coke
5. Super Bowl XXII (1988) Demi Moore for Diet Coke
6. Super Bowl XXII (1988) Jimmy Connors for Nestle Crunch
7. Super Bowl XXVI (1992) Michael Jordan/Bugs Bunny for Nike
8. Super Bowl XXVI (1992) Pepsi: Cindy Crawford in "New Can"
9. Super Bowl XXVII (1993) Michael Jordan and Larry Bird for McDonald's
10. Super Bowl XXVIII (1994) Michael Richards, Cindy Crawford and Rodney Dangerfield for Pepsi
11. Super Bowl XXIX (1995) Dennis Hopper for Nike
12. Super Bowl XXX (1996) Jack Palance for Ford
13. Super Bowl XXXVI (2002) Pepsi: Britney Spears, Generations
14. Super Bowl XLIII (2009) Cash 4 Gold: Ed McMahon and MC Hammer
15. Super Bowl XLIII (2009) Alec Baldwin for Hulu
16. Super Bowl XLIV (2010) Megan Fox for Motorola
17. Super Bowl XLIV (2010) Betty White/Abe Vigoda for Snickers
18. Super Bowl XLIV (2010) Letterman, Leno and Oprah in CBS promo
19. Super Bowl XLI (2007) Robert Goulet for Emerald Nuts