Each year it seems like everyone and his brother turns into an expert on Super Bowl ads, making lists that rank their top picks. But as a publication that speaks to marketing professionals, our audience really is composed of experts and we thought it would be interesting to see what you thought of ads past. So, in a series of polls in the days leading up to the game, we're going to let our readers vote.
We've grouped the spots by category, and we'll match those winners (and a few other classics) to determine the best ad ever. Today's focus: Coca-Cola spots. (You can still vote for your favorite monkey spots here.)
Note: In some cases we've gone with a descriptive title rather than the spot's actual title to help clarify things in our poll.
1. Super Bowl XLI (2007) Coke: Happiness Factory
2. Super Bowl XLI (2007) Coke: Video game
3. Super Bowl XIV (1980) Coke: Mean Joe Greene
4. Super Bowl XLIV (2010) Coke: Simpsons/Hard Times
5. Super Bowl XLII (2008) Coke: Thanksgiving Parade/It's Mine