Why not see who's advertising around the advertising coverage while you're at it?
Monkey Madness: Vote for Your Favorite Super Bowl Simian Spot
Part One in Which We Ask Our Readers for Their Picks
Published on .
Each year it seems like everyone and his brother turns into an expert on Super Bowl ads, making lists that rank their top picks. But as a publication that speaks to marketing professionals, our audience really is composed of experts and we thought it would be interesting to see what you thought of ads past. So, in a series of polls in the days leading up to the game, we're going to let our readers vote.
We've grouped the spots by category, and we'll match those winners (and a few other classics) to determine the best ad ever. Today's focus: primates. (Note: In some cases we've gone with a descriptive title rather than the spot's actual title to help clarify things in our poll.)
1. Super Bowl XXXVIII (2004) Bud Light: Obnoxious Chimp
2. Super Bowl XL (2006) CareerBuilder: Office Chimps
3. Super Bowl XXXIV (2000) E-Trade: Wasted $2 Million
4. Super Bowl XLIII (2009) Castrol: Grease Monkeys
5. Super Bowl XLI (2007) Bud Light: Ape Escape
6. Super Bowl XLIV (2010) Kia: Sock Monkey Joyride
7. Super Bowl XXXVII (2003) Sierra Mist: Monkey Catapult