Each year it seems like everyone and his brother turns into an expert on Super Bowl ads, making lists that rank their top picks. But as a publication that speaks to marketing professionals, our audience really is composed of experts and we thought it would be interesting to see what you thought of ads past. So, in a series of polls in the days leading up to the game, we're going to let our readers vote.
We've grouped the spots by category, and we'll match those winners (and a few other classics) to determine the best ad ever. Today's focus: Pepsi spots.
Note: In some cases we've gone with a descriptive title rather than the spot's actual title to help clarify things in our poll.
1. Super Bowl XLII (2008) Pepsi: Justin Timberlake Gets Abused
2. Super Bowl XXVI (1992) Pepsi: Cindy Crawford in "New Can"
3. Super Bowl XXX (1996) Pepsi: Coke Guy Caught on Cam
4. Super Bowl XLIII (2009) Pepsi: Bob Dylan & Will.i.am, "Forever Young"
5. Super Bowl XXXVI (2002) Pepsi: Britney Spears, Generations
6. Super Bowl XL (2006) Diet Pepsi: Brown and Bubbly
7. Super Bowl XLII (2008) Diet Pepsi Max: "What is Love?"
8. Super Bowl XXXIX (2005) Diet Pepsi: Pimp My Truck
9. Super Bowl XXVIII (1994) Pepsi: Shaq Attack
10. Super Bowl XLIII (2009) Pepsi Max: I'm Good
11. Super Bowl XXV (1991) Diet Pepsi: Ray Charles and the "Uh-huh" Girls