NEWS ITEM: "He did not come clean in the manner I expected." --Oprah Winfrey on "CBS This Morning."
So what did he spill? Five possibilities:
1. He's no Honey Boo Boo Child! (Also: No big coming-out speech for him -- he already came out as a lesbian a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age.)
2. He was secretly using FedEx the entire time he was on the U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team.
3. You get a steroid injection! You get a steroid injection! You get a steroid injection! Everybody gets a steroid injeccccccttttttttionnnnnnnn!
4. He is seriously considering retiring from doping.
5. Sure, he may have taken performance-enhancing drugs, but he had absolutely nothing to do with that Scientology advertorial on TheAtlantic.com.
Rules for the BONUS DRINKING GAME to play during the two-part Oprah & Lance show, which debuts on Oprah's OWN network -- as in, OWN up to doping already, Lance, you big douchebag -- Thursday at 9 p.m. ET and continuing Friday at the same hour:
- Drink a shot every time Lance Armstrong issues a non-denial-denial-style non-confessional confession.
- Drink a shot if Lance's lower lip and/or chin quivers -- basically anytime he looks as much like a whipped puppy as James Frey did when he had to go to Principal Oprah's office.
- Drink a shot every time Lance attempts to shift blame to anyone or anything -- like the International Cycling Union -- other than himself.
Simon Dumenco is the "Media Guy" columnist for Advertising Age. You can follow him on Twitter @simondumenco.
Show off rich, innovative advertising. B-to-b marketers are wrestling with their own unique challenges--and proving that they’ve got what it takes to close the deal. Join an impressive group of past winners that includes Adobe, Avon, Cisco, Oakley, Time Warner Cable Media and more.
Extended Deadline: October 19, 2015. Enter now.