NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- Evian may be the viral campaign that will never die -- up 79% this week to pass 2 million views -- but there are five new campaigns on the chart. Let's detail them:
- The biggest debut of the week came from Victoria's Secret; its intense Michael Bay-directed spot notched just shy of a million views last week, good enough for the No. 2 spot.
- Gap's much more wholesome holiday spot (apparently a favorite among shoppers) dropped in the No. 3 spot.
- NYC Health's gross-out ad encouraging people to curb their sugary soda and beverage intake came in at No. 5.
- Toyota notched more than 400,000 views of its innuendo-laden Yaris spot, good for the No. 7 ranking.
- And finally, Canadian mobile brand Koodo arrives drops in the No. 9 spot with the kind of choose-your-own-adventure-style campaign we first saw from DropTheWeapons.org. Unfortunately, the review from Visible Measures, which compiles the chart, calls it "a drawn out 'story' that runs out of tricks early and then just drags on ... and the conclusion is not much of a payoff. While an interesting gimmick, the interactive approach still requires good story telling ... and this one could have been done in half as many videos and 25% of the time."
|Last Week||Brand||Campaign||Agency||Current Week Views*||% Change in Views**||Watch the Spot|
|1||1||Evian||Live Young||BETC Euro RSCG||2,095,654||+79%|
|2||New||Victoria's Secret||One Gift. A Thousand Fantasies.||Director: Michael Bay||985,329||New|
|3||New||Gap||Ready For Holiday Cheer||Crispin Porter & Bogusky||586,455||New|
|4||7||DC Shoes||Gymkhana Two||Mad Media||457,435||+3%|
|5||New||NYC Health||Don't Drink Yourself Fat||N/A||436,212||New|
|6||4||Microsoft||Xbox Project Natal||World Famous||412,999||-13%|
|7||New||Toyota||For Good Clean Getaways||Saatchi & Saatchi, Australia||408,591||New|
|8||8||Volkswagen||The Fun Theory||Tribal DDB||329,327||-16%|
|9||New||Koodo||Sugar Streak||Taxi; TVF: media (The Viral Factory)||245,981||New|
|10||Back on Chart||Vodafone||Make the Most of Now||Ogilvy & Mather||245,806||Back on Chart|
Source: Visible Measures
*The Visible Measures Top 10 Viral Video Ad Campaigns Chart focuses on brand-driven viral video ads that appear on online-video-sharing destinations. Each campaign is measured on a True Reach basis, which includes viewership of both brand-syndicated video clips and viewer-driven social video placements. The data are compiled using the Visible Measures Viral Reach Database, a constantly growing repository of analytic data on more than 100 million internet videos across more than 150 video-sharing destinations.
Note: This analysis does not include Visible Measures' paid-placement (i.e., overlays, pre-/mid-/post-roll) performance data or video views on private sites. This chart does not include movie trailers, video-game campaigns, TV show or media network promotions, or public service announcements. View-count results are incremental by week.
**Indicates percent change in views compared with the same period the week before.
To notify Visible Measures of an upcoming video ad campaign, or for an end-to-end assessment of your campaign's overall performance, please contact Visible Measures directly.