Our Online Survey

Published on .

65% of AdAge.com voters agree with Julie Roehm's idea that the TV upfront should be switched to a stock-market-like business model. The other 35% think the new format would do nothing to improve upon the current outdated, price-inflating version.

"This idea will only drive prices up as transparency does not equate to efficiency. If the Chrysler client does not trust her media-buying company to negotiate the best deals on her behalf, perhaps she should find a new media resource."

-Jason Kanefsky/VP/ MPG/New York

"Absolutely! Not only does it reflect reality much better, it will probably bring in more money for the networks."

-Marcelo Salup/exec VP-international media director/ Foote Cone & Belding/Miami

"It should be done away with all together. It's a disgrace to free enterprise, competition and sanity."

-Ray Burlingame/media director/ Specialized Marketing Group Co./Williamsburg, Iowa

"With vastly different marketing objectives, there can be scant parallel purchasing parameters to follow. Won't work."

-Ted Harbert Sr./former executive producer/ New York Times Productions/New York

In this article:
Most Popular