Voted & Quoted

Published on .

Most Popular
70% of our respondents feel that federal laws will be unable to stop spam. The remaining 30% think that congressional action will have an effect on unwanted e-mail advertisements.

"The consumer pays for the private phone line and Internet access and the advertisers shouldn't be allowed to take a free ride on personally funded property. If that isn't understood or respected, then next we will see outdoor boards on our lawns and rooftops. We've already seen dealer decals and stickers on our personal cars and they don't repay us for the free advertising."

-Victor Johnson/Senior Art Director/Intergraph/Huntsville, Ala.

"History shows that 1) the government has no teeth to enforce consumer protection laws (e.g., the no-call list fiasco) and 2) the amount of loopholes written into the law will take away effectiveness."

-Marcelo Salup/ Miami

"Passing legislation on spam is very important but it will find opposition from those who will try to use the First Amendment as a defense. Companies should know the damage they cause when sending spam- pornographic or not-to unwanted e-mail addresses."

-Vincent Nelson/Advertising Account Executive/The New York Blade/New York

Next week's question is "If young males are not watching broadcast TV what are they doing instead? " To submit your answer please log on to, QwikFIND aao29v

In this article: