×

Once registered, you can:

  • - Read additional free articles each month
  • - Comment on articles and featured creative work
  • - Get our curated newsletters delivered to your inbox

By registering you agree to our privacy policy, terms & conditions and to receive occasional emails from Ad Age. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Are you a print subscriber? Activate your account.

Voted & Quoted

Published on .

77% of AdAge.com voters believe publishers do misstate their magazine circulation numbers. The other 23% said they don't. But some respondents believe whether they do or not is irrelevant, as long as consumers are seeing ads.

"Consumers don't discriminate between different forms of media, so why do we? ... Whether online or offline, paid or subsidized, comped or shared, let's not underestimate the power of one additional consumer (no matter how they got there). "

-Joseph Jaffe/Principal/Jaffe Consulting, Westport, Conn.

"Without a big brother watching, who's to stop a good old chest-thumping, eh?"

-Tim Rogowski/President/Wings Financial Group, Kalamazoo, Mich.

"Magazine publishers overstating circulation. TV networks seeking SWMs 18-24. Tivo making zapping obsolete. Newspaper publishers giving Gen X copies away. And all the while advertisers are demanding more ROI on their marketing expenditures. Sounds like it's prime time for Internet advertising, where every impression is measured."

-Brian Quinn/VP-Eastern region ad sales/CBS MarketWatch

Next week's question is "Is Britney Spear' sexy video appropriate for a mainstream marketer?" To submit your answer please log on to AdAge.com, QwikFIND aao29v

Most Popular
In this article: